School Shooter Drills: 7 Rules to Follow
With incidents and threats of school violence increasing, a school shooter drill is now an essential step in emergency preparedness training. This white paper contains advice from Sgt. Wayne Rapier, a 38-year veteran of law enforcement, on how to hold a school shooter drill.
In this white paper, you will learn:
- How to approach setup of school shooter drills
- How to prepare law enforcement personnel in advance of a drill
- How to recruit volunteers to help and get them involved
- How to keep drill personnel, volunteers, and community members safe during a drill
- How to create realistic training scenarios
- How to review team performance after scenarios are complete
- How to identify ideas where safety improvements can be made post-drill
How to Access This Paper
- Customers: Log in to your CyberBully Hotline account to view and download this white paper.
- Non-Customers: Sign your school up for CyberBully Hotline service today and get access to dozens of professional development webinars and white papers featuring content from the nation's top experts in bullying, student violence, school safety, and other issues.