How It Works
The CyberBully Hotline supports your bullying and violence prevention activities by giving students and parents a secure pathway to report problems.
- Students and parents text or call in reports anonymously
- School leaders receive and respond to reports directly
- Incident tracking and report management is simple and done online
How do you set up a CyberBully Hotline program? Here are the 4 steps:
1. Launch your program.
- Receive a custom local hotline number (or numbers) from us.
- Complete free program training with our helpful staff.
- Use our implementation kit to help promote your program.
2. Receive reports.
- People make reports via text message or phone.
- Text messages are auto-screened by system. Messages with defined keywords (i.e. "gun" or "suicide") are flagged as high priority.
- System administrators notified of new reports instantly via text message; first-time reporters are sent an auto-reply text automatically.
3. Respond to, manage, and track reports.
- Use the CyberBully Hotline's award-winning online interface to respond in real time to new reports.
- Two-way anonymity protects reporters and your staff.
- Collaborative notes feature allows staff members to make notes on report messages. Inbox auto-resolve feature automatically resolves open message threads that have had no activity over a specified length of time.
4. Help improve school climate.
- View our case studies to see how the CyberBully Hotline helped school leaders:
- Contact us to set up a demo.
- Call 1-800-420-1479 to talk with our team.